SANTA CLARA, Calif. – Santa Clara Athletics shined in the classroom during the winter quarter.
A total of 389 Bronco student-athletes combined to post a term GPA of 3.37, the highest in at least the last seven years.
Women's golf led the way with a 3.72 GPA. On the men's side, water polo was first at 3.42.
Women's tennis posted a 3.66 GPA for the winter term and women's cross country/track and field was at 3.56 to round out the top three. Soccer (3.33) and golf (3.30) rounded out the top three on the men's side.
Eighty percent of the student-athletes earned a term GPA of 3.0 or higher, including 43 percent who were at least 3.50.
The quarter highlights included:
- 312 student-athletes with a 3.0 or higher GPA for the term
- 169 student-athletes with a 3.5 or higher GPA for the term
- 94 student-athletes with a 3.8 or higher GPA for the term
- 42 student-athletes with a 4.0 GPA for the term
At the conclusion of the winter quarter, 125 student-athletes had a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
Connect with the Broncos on Social Media
• Athletics: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Snapchat