Santa Clara University Requirements for Indoor Events
Santa Clara (3-1) vs. CSU Bakersfield (1-2)
When: Saturday, Nov. 27 at 1 p.m.
Where: Leavey Center
Video: WCC Network
Live Stats: StatBroadcast
Game Notes: Santa Clara
Santa Clara is 4-3 all-time against Cal State Bakersfield.
Last season the Broncos won in Bakersfield 59-49 to open the season.
- The Broncos are averaging 70.3 points per game this year while shooting 42.5-percent from the field and 34.6-percent from beyond the arc. Defensively, they have allowed 65.3 ppg while forcing 15.5 turnovers per contest.
- Lindsey VanAllen leads the team in scoring with 14.8 ppg. Merle Wiehl leads with 7.0 rpg and scores 14.3 ppg. Ashley Hiraki is scoring 13.3 ppg with a team-best 3.5 apg. Lana Hollingsworth (10.3) is also averaging in double-figures.
- VanAllen, Wiehl, and Hiraki have all scored in double-figures in three of the first four games each.
- Santa Clara won its first two games by 10-plus points for the first time since 1999-2000 when they beat Oakland 84-66 and Drexel 71-49. The Broncos finished that season 21-9 and went to the WNIT.
- The Broncos went 14-11 last season and 9-8 in West Coast Conference play. They were the fourth seed and made it to the semifinals of the WCC Tournament for the first time since 2016.
- Santa Clara brings back all but one player from last season and returns 82-percent of their scoring and 86-percent of their rebounding.
- Newcomers Sydney Bevington and Rafailia Stergaki join the team.
- Bill Carr enters his sixth season at the helm of the Broncos.
- The Broncos topped San Jose State in their first road game Wednesday but fell at Long Beach State Sunday.
EVENT PROTOCOL - INDOOR
In response to evolving changes brought about by the COVID-19 Delta variant, Santa Clara University has recently updated its event policies. As we welcome patrons into our facilities, we share the following campus policy for indoor athletic events:
For athletic events held in seated indoor venues, SCU requires spectators to provide pre-attendance proof of vaccination verification OR proof of a negative antigen test within 24 hours of the event OR PCR lab-based test within 72 hours of the event. Individuals under the age of 12 are exempt from providing proof of vaccination and testing. In addition, masks are required for all attendees. Click here for detailed instructions.
Tickets priced at $10 are available either online or at Leavey Center prior to the game. Purchase tickets online and avoid waiting at the arena box office which opens one hour prior to tipoff. Questions may be directed to the Santa Clara Athletics ticket office from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays at (408) 554-4660 or BroncoTickets@scu.edu. The ticket office also handles inquiries on group tickets.
For weekday games, the Leavey Center lot (see below for access), located on Accolti Way off El Camino Real, is free beginning one hour prior to tipoff. Any other parking facility on campus will be subject to normal daily rates or restrictions, including the main structure, located adjacent to Stevens Stadium on Palm Drive. During the weekend, campus parking facilities are free (except for permit required locations). Click here for a campus map and parking restrictions.
Connect with the Broncos on Social Media
Athletics: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Snapchat
Women's Basketball: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram