Santa Clara (7-1-2) vs. Cal (2-8-1)
When: Saturday, Oct. 16 at 7 p.m.
Where: Stevens Stadium
Live Stats: StatBroadcast
Video: WCC Network
Santa Clara is 14-31-8 all-time against Cal with the first meeting coming in 1967. The last meeting was a 3-2 Broncos overtime victory in 2018.
- Santa Clara has won 10 of its last 13 games dating back to the spring season. The Broncos are 10-1-2 during that span.
- The lone loss this season was at then No. 2-ranked Georgetown.
- Saturday's match is the third of four-straight home games for the Broncos where they are 5-0-1 this fall.
- Senior forward Oladayo Thomas leads the West Coast Conference in goals (six), assists (five), points (17) and shots (36).
- Graduate student goalkeeper Andreu Cases Mundet has given up six goals in 913 minutes of action and is second in the conference with a 0.59 goals-against average.
- The Broncos have conceded just one goal in the first half all season. It came against Pacific last weekend.
- Santa Clara has been to 20 NCAA Tournaments, five College Cups (1989, 1991, 1998, 1999, 2003) and won one National Championship (1989).
- The Broncos have won the West Coast Conference 12 times (1989, 1990, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2015).
- Head coach Cam Rast is in his 20th year as the head coach. He owns a 185-135-53 career record and is Santa Clara men's soccer's winningest coach. A Santa Clara University alumnus, Rast has led his alma mater to seven NCAA tournaments and five West Coast Conference Championships since taking over the Bronco men's soccer program in 2002. A former All-America player on Santa Clara's National Championship team of 1989 and U.S. Olympic Team captain in 1992, Rast spent eight seasons as an assistant coach at SCU from 1994-2001.
EVENT PROTOCOL - OUTDOOR
All Santa Clara Athletics home events will operate in compliance with state, county, and university COVID-19 guidelines. While masks are not required for outdoor events on campus, we highly encourage fans to wear masks especially when social distancing guidelines cannot be met or when others around you are eating or drinking. Seating in Stevens Stadium is general admission and we encourage everyone to utilize appropriate social distancing in the stands and common areas. Updates will be provided should there be an adjustment in protocol.
Tickets are available either online or at Stevens Stadium prior to the match. Purchase tickets online and avoid waiting at the stadium box office which opens one hour prior to kickoff. Questions may be directed to the Santa Clara Athletics ticket office from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays at (408) 554-4660 or BroncoTickets@scu.edu. The ticket office also handles inquiries on group tickets.
Thunderstick giveaway. "Let's Ride" thundersticks given to all fans, while supplies last.
Come out to Stevens Stadium this Saturday night and GET LOUD as the Broncos take on the Cal Bears. All fans will receive thundersticks to assist with �������������� crowd noise �� #SCUBroncos #StampedeTogether pic.twitter.com/SegSJ8Nu9K— Santa Clara Men's Soccer (@SCUBroncoSoccer) October 12, 2021
For weekday matches, the Leavey Center lot (see below for access), located on Accolti Way off El Camino Real, is free beginning one hour prior to kickoff. Any other parking facility on campus will be subject to normal daily rates or restrictions, including the main structure, located adjacent to Stevens Stadium on Palm Drive. During the weekend, campus parking facilities are free (except for permit required locations). Click here for a campus map and parking restrictions.